Director of Cancer Screening and Prevention
Expert areas: screening and detection, prevention, risk and awareness, tobacco and smoking, skin cancer and UV protection.
Sarah McGill took on the role of Director of Cancer Screening and Prevention at the Cancer Institute NSW in 2012. She oversees activities including:
- anti-tobacco and skin cancer mass media campaigns
- symptom awareness projects
- statewide breast, cervical and bowel screening programs.
Sarah has extensive experience in the public health system in New Zealand, having held a number of strategic and operational roles throughout her career. She has significant experience in change management and service redesign. Sarah has been responsible for providing leadership, management and accountability for a wide range of:
- clinical services and clinical governance
- patient safety
- quality and risk services.
Sarah is a Registered Nurse and holds a Master of Public Policy and Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management.