The NSW Quitline 13 7848 (13 QUIT) is a confidential telephone information and advice service to help smokers quit and stay quit.
NSW Quitline advisors are trained professionals who provide:
- A free callback service that schedules additional supportive calls from an advisor. Smokers, who use the call back service and receive up to six calls, can double their chance of successfully quitting.
- A Quit Kit containing helpful information about quitting. The kits are available to order in English, Arabic, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and Vietnamese.
- An Aboriginal Quitline that provides an individually tailored and culturally sensitive service for Aboriginal callers.
- Dedicated language lines in Arabic, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and Vietnamese. Callers from other culturally diverse communities can call the Translating and Interpreter Service.
- Support for family and friends of smokers.
Call 13 7848 (13 QUIT)*
NSW Quitline Advisors availability (including Aboriginal and Multilingual advisors)
- Monday to Friday: 7am–10:30pm
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9am–5pm.
*The cost of a local call with higher costs from mobile phones.
If you smoke, you can also make an online request for a call back from the NSW Quitline.
The Cancer Institute NSW manages the NSW Quitline.
NSW Quitline privacy statement
See NSW Quitline campaigns
Complete a referral form to the NSW Quitline available for Health Professionals.
Order NSW Quitline resources.
As a health services provider to members of the public, NSW Quitline is involved in the collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal and health information.