Annual Report 2008-09
A new era for our organisation this was a year of change; of challenge; and of success in carrying out our mission for the NSW community.
- The Public Health (Tobacco) Bill, protecting children and young people from tobacco, became law on 1 July 2009.
- We established a state-of-the-art digital reading room for BreastScreen NSW.
- The first Academic Chair in Cancer Nursing for NSW was appointed.
- We introduced a new grant scheme - the Future Research Leaders - to attract up-and-coming high calibre researchers to NSW.
- We conducted our first staff satisfaction survey.
- We successfully launched a reward and recognition program among staff.